|Distributor Search | Contact|
|Home | Products | Customer Support | Resources | Our Company | Employment | Inventory|
Please drop off or send an application, and/or resume outlining your experience
E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions
Apply Online - Click Here
Download application - Click Here
Cost Accountant - Garner Location
Friday, Oct 20, 2017 8:57 am
JJob Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Garner, IA
Reports To: Controller
Summary Performs accounting functions related to maintenance of cost types and elemental costs, provides analytical review/presentation of product margins including material, labor and overhead variances, and collaborates with colleagues in other departments to analyze profitability on sales quotes, product designs and manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Assist in creating the Annual Operating Plan
· Calculate annual labor and burden rates based on Annual Operating Plan
· Support month-end reporting process in the following ways:
o Reconciliation of Sales and Cost of Sales in consistent, analytical format
o Provide detailed explanations of variances to management including definitions of how variances were created
o Other reconciliations and reports as deemed necessary
· Manage cost system in ERP software including the following items:
o Work with Inventory Accountant to update rates and costs on a scheduled basis
o Run periodic standard cost rolls for material, labor & burden
o Determine the applicable cost type for various steps within the manufacturing process
· Create, monitor and report productivity measurements.
· Prepare product line and customer analysis for management review and present findings to management on a monthly basis or adhoc
· Support Product Development and Sales in product pricing decisions
o Understand market conditions for industries related to our product lines
o Identify need for cost savings
· Communicate and collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering and Production areas to impact costs related to manufacturing processes and product designs.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Related work experience in cost accounting and/or finance
· Communication skills to work with various levels within organization
· Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities, etc.
· Planning/organization - able to plan and manage multiple projects
· Strong internal customer orientation
· Attention to detail
· Problem analysis and problem resolution
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong team player
· Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
· This job has supervisory responsibilities.
· Must be able to assist the Controller with recommendations on system and reporting improvements
· Must report financial analysis to Management
· Must partner with key internal customers (i.e. operations, engineering, supply chain and sales) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis
Education and/or Experience
· BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field from an accredited four-year college or university; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Work experience in a manufacturing environment
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement, ESOP, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Stellar Industries, Inc.
190 State Street
PO Box 169
Garner, IA 50438
Or E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org